I really try not to, but occasionally I have to lie to the shorties. Don’t judge, you have done it, too. I have a suspicion that the lies change considerably with the age of your kids, I am hoping my mom friends with older shorties will enlighten me on this.
1. When they were little, I always told the boys that the warnings on the grocery store shopping carts said that kids have to ride in the cart until they are 6. If they want to know the truth, they can learn to read. So there.
2. When Sweet Pea was 3 or 4, he asked me if it was the law that boys and girls can’t have sleepovers. I told him that it was. That’s my story and I’m sticking with it.
3. I love those Hostess 100 calorie chocolate cupcakes. I have the boys convinced they are a nasty Weight Watchers diet dessert. I eat them in front of the shorties all the time and no one ever asks me to share. Suckers.
4. Who hasn’t pulled the Sorry, Sweetie, I had to throw away that Halloween candy/Easter candy/leftover cake last night because it got rotten. So, so sorry.
5. And last but not least, No, wine/beer tastes terrible. Blech.